Thursday, November 17, 2011

Newest Running Partner

Almost two weeks ago I ran my most recent marathon in Indianapolis, Indiana. I have done this marathon for the last three years, I really enjoy it and it's a great course.

This year I was planning on BQ (Boston Qualifying) and PR (Personal Record), but due to the needs of my RP (running partner), I ran the race 2 hours slower than planned!!!!

This may sound crazy, especially knowing the time and energy I have put into my training, but if you have ever had a RP, you know that there is a lot more to your relationship than just running. When you become RPs, you share a bond, charity is always abound between you.

I wrote about the Running Partners I have had here.

What would cause me to run a 5:30 marathon instead of a 3:30? Well, my running partner is really new at this, incredibly new. So new in fact that this was my RP's first marathon. Actually, my RP has never gone running without me, and whenever I go running I have to carry my RP (so lazy!).

That's right.

My new running partner is actually a growing baby.

We're adding to our family and we are ecstatic about it.

 I told Todd about the pregnancy by leaving this on the front seat when we were going somewhere:
Of course, even though we've been trying to get pregnant, Todd asked, "Who is this for?"
He seriously can be clueless sometimes. When I told him we were expecting Roger I had laid tea lights on the floor and had them spell out 'Baby". When he saw them he thought I was calling him Baby in a tender, loving way.

Coming June 2012!!

10 comments:

The Stratton's said...

I had heard about this good news... that's fantastic! I'm so happy to hear this because now I can say I run the same pace as Loni! I am beyond thrilled.

Cristie said...

We are SO excited for you!!!!!!!! (You know this has to be another boy if you are going to follow in our footsteps :) But then after that you could have two girls and then another boy... :) Love you Loni!

Tamarynn Leigh said...

That was such a cute way to announce it! Congrats Loni, that is awesome news!!!

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

Congrats!!!!

The Jones Fam said...

I am so happy for you! I'm sure you are happy with all of your boys, but I hope you have a girl :) I went country dancing last weekend at the Dance Factory with Jared and it brought back a lot of fun memories with you!

-Kyle and Emily- said...

Congrats Loni! Well worth the slower pace:)

Brie said...

So tricky....hehe and YAY!!! So happy for you guys, maybe it's a girl? lol or a boy? least we know it's not a puppy, hehe. Well let us know what you're having, once you know!

Tacie Kerr said...

I wish I could claim a 5:30 marathon...and I'm not pregnant! Congratulations to you guys!

Katie said...

KNEW IT! CONGRATS! I was talking to Hallie a few days ago and she got me thinking.... :) SO happy for you guys!!

Danelle Robins said...

Sorry, just noticed that my comment never posted from a couple of weeks ago, but so happy for you! What an amazing woman you are. Hope all is going well.