Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Magic Kingdom


We each got an eight-day pass to the Disney parks. We spent 3 days at Magic Kingdom. That is where we went for our first full day in Florida.
As we approached the front gates, it started to rain. It wasn't just a little sprinkle, but a heavy down-pour. With the heat and crowds, the rain was actually helpful. But after walking around in wet shoes all day, our feet were feeling the pain when we went home that evening.
We did "It's a Small World"

And Teacups
That was not enjoyable on my adult, prego stomach.

We drove the race cars

Mikey was tall enough to drive, and Roger was able to go with him. Todd rode with Grant
which left me with William. I love being with William, but not when he is purposely driving badly.
My poor stomach. Todd seemed to enjoy his ride much better.

We went on many rides and saw many shows. We saw the night-time parade and even stayed long enough to watch the fireworks.

All-in-all, the first day at Magic Kingdom was a success.

Our second day at Magic Kingdom (the next week). We got hit by rain, but we were prepared with sandals.
I was never able to get a picture of all four boys and the Cinderella castle. 

Because Morgan had some family stuff, and the fact that we wanted to include Evelyn, Evelyn joined us. To combat the heat, I did pack several frozen water bottles, wrapped them in a thin blanket, and placed them underneath Evee. It seemed to work.
It was nice to have our princess with us.


Before coming on our trip, Todd and I decided to make life simpler by getting all the boys matching shirts. This was a life-saver for we were just counting 4 shirts rather than trying to figure out who was where.
Do you like my long black socks? With my varicose veins from the pregnancy, I needed to wear compression socks to help combat being on my feet all day. Not the most fashionable, I know, but this is my life.

Uncle Reagan and Bampa had joined us by this point of the trip, so we got to spend the day with them.

Reagan really liked Gaston, he aspires to be just like him, especially with the hair.


For a late lunch/early dinner, we went to one of the eateries. I asked Grant what he would like to eat so that Todd could order our food while I took the boys and sat down, to get out of every one's way. He said, "Nothing". Frustrated with his reply, for sometimes he will be difficult, I listed his choices. Again he claimed to want nothing. So I told him that we just wouldn't get him anything then and took him and all the kids to a table.
I found an empty table in the middle of one of the eating areas. I was bent over suctioning Evelyn when I heard a disturbing sound. Grant had thrown up all over the floor, and had gotten a little bit of the stroller as well. Because of Evelyn, I couldn't step away for a second to get napkins or tell any of the workers, so I sent Mikey to tell Todd that I needed help.
Mikey rushed to Todd and told him that I needed help. Todd, fearing the worst, concerned about Evee came right over. He was relieved that it was only puke.
Some workers came over and helped clean it all up. I was very amazed at how quickly the area we were in was deserted.

After his puke-fest, Grant seemed to be feeling better. After we finished our food we got into line of It's a Small World.
As we were nearing the front of the line, Grant asked Todd if he had a bowl that he could throw up in. Todd took him back through the line to have him puke by the trash cans. They made it just in time.
Meanwhile, we are in line. I look down to discover some bright, pastel green stuff coming out of Evee's diaper. The day before, to make sure Evee wasn't aspirating, I had put some blue food coloring in her bottle. At the other end of the process, it had become green. Her poop was leaking out and was all over her stroller seat. We were almost at the front of the line, with the stroller, so we couldn't just pop out of line. I decided to hurriedly change her diaper right there in line. It was a mad rush to get it done before we were at the front, and it was difficult to do it, especially since the stroller was a mess so I had to do it all in my arms, but amazingly enough, I was able to get it done with minimal poop on anything or anyone.
After the ride was done, I took Grant and Evelyn back to the house while Todd, Reagan, and the three other boys stayed until Magic Kingdom closed, riding all the thrilling rides again.


Our 3rd day at Magic Kingdom was also our last day in Florida. We were exhausted from having two weeks of fun, but still a bit melancholy to have it all coming to an end.





Aunt Lana and Uncle Reagan were with us. We had heard that there was a Knight's Templar game that you could do around the park, so we divided up into two teams and played. Mikey and Grant started out on Reagan and Todd's team where William and Roger were with Lana, Evelyn, and me.


Our team was not quite as serious as Todd's team. We got through just one land by the time Todd's team had finished the first round.

Our team even opted to take the train between lands

Roger was excited to see that the train was named after a guy named Roger.


It was really hot, so we spent some time in the water sprayers.

We met up with Todd and Reagan at the castle just as they were finishing up the first level.
They were really into it.
They did take a break for lunch, then Todd and Reagan continued their game with all the boys while Lana and I took Evelyn so that we could get Evelyn out of the heat.

How do girls get out of the heat?
They go shopping

Because she looked so cute, I was so tempted to buy her some mouse ears, but then I remembered, what would I ever do with them?! When you go to DisneyWorld, you see people wearing these silly hats. At first you think they look ridiculous, but by the time you are ready to leave, you are wanting to get a pair of ears for yourself. When you get back to reality, you wonder why you ever bought them for they are ridiculous, but they were too pricey and too memorable to just throw out, so you end up with a useless hat in the back of your closet.




Then we met back with the boys because I wanted to get some silhouettes of the kids done.







Even Princess got her silhouette done, and the artist included her trach.

We are like newlyweds....with a lot of kids and me having a big belly.
 Todd and Reagan took all the boys except Grant and they went on with their game.

We went on the Peter Pan ride, since Grant missed it the last time, went to a couple of shops and went home. Todd and the boys didn't come home until after 11 PM. Talk about shutting the park down.


We had a great time.

No comments: