
Who doesn't love Halloween? This year I had a few ideas of what I wanted the boys to dress up as. I was thinking

"Winnie the Pooh" characters, or characters from "Toy Story", so I took them to the store to find their costumes. While in the costume section, I was persistently showing Mic

hael a "Woody" costume, asking him if he would like it. He looked over and said, "No, I want a chicken!" I looked over to see a child's full covering chicken costume. He insisted, and since it was cheaper than the other costumes, I agreed. So, the boys were as Michael would say, "Giant Chickens". These hooded costumes were loved, the hood was never taken off. They would flap their arms while making cluck sounds, and would hug each other, bringing them to the floor and would yell. "Cock Fight"! (Can you guess where they learned that)
Before Halloween, through the early childh

ood PTA, I took the boys to a nursing home. They were a hit, because not only was it one big chicken, no, not only two big chickens, but three big chickens. The elderly people loved it. One nurse, seeing that I could probably use a hand, took William around to the patients. They loved and hugged William, and the nurse said that there were a lot of tender moments as these people who had lost their memory suddenly recalled that they once had babies of their own.
This year was the boys first experience with trick-or-treating. We usually would just sit on the porch, all dressed up, and hand out candy. This way they got to see more costumes, learn to share, and bring home less candy. This year Todd took them around our street to show the neighbors. The first couple of houses, immediately after receiving his candy, Michael would run back to our front porch while his dad talked to our neighbor. I had to keep telling M

ichael that if he wanted more candy he'd have to stay with his dad. Finally after 3 houses, he caught on and understood the process. The boys were very polite and said "Thank you" after every candy, and patiently waited until they were home to eat their candy.
8 comments:
Oh my gosh, those costumes were awesome!!!
Loni, that's really cool that you taught them about cock fighting too!
Nick
They look soooo cute and william is getting bigger with more teeth. How I wish I could have shared your halloween experience. You have the cutest kids, can't wait to see you:)
I actually heard from your mom that all of your boys were going to be little chickens. They look adorable! I don't know how you keep up with 3 boys! You are my role model. That is so great that they were so patient and polite. Jaylee was very good at saying thank you, but not at waiting to eat her candy.
I totally agree - what could be better than 3 giant chickens?! They look great!
I like the new layout of your blog.
I love your three fuzzy chickens! ;-) And I love your photos. We miss you in Athens so much! Come back!
-Emily P.
Cute little ducklings! Momma Duck! Sounds like you had a fun Halloween! I can't believe how much little William had grown!
Cute little ducklings! Momma Duck! Sounds like you had a fun Halloween! I can't believe how much little William had grown!
Post a Comment