Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm Telling You

So after getting harassed for not updating my blog (it's only been a week and a half mind you), I decided that I should work on changing that. I guess it's time for me to become open and honest about something. I have always been terrible at this, and because of that, I know I have offended some of my friends by not being open - but in all honesty, I just don't know how to tell people. You would think that by now, I would be a pro, but alas, I still suck. What I need to be honest about is this, I am pregnant!!
Yes you did read that correctly. We are due at the end of May, making me about 3 months along. By the time this baby arrives, our oldest will be four years-old (and two weeks), Roger will be about 6 weeks shy of three, and William will be 16 months. I know we're crazy, and I'm sorry if you think this is cruelty to my other children (but hey, the heck with them, what about me!). I feel that the number of children, their spacing, and their naming are all very personal, and varies from couple to couple. I believe there is no right or wrong answer across the board, and that only the parents are entitled to the inspiration on these matters. Even though I've had a lot of wide-eyed reactions, and questions of if I would be okay, or advice that I should definitely wait a long time before I have my next one, I am incredibly happy about the situation I find myself in. I am happy, and probably more important to me is I feel incredible peace. I know that babies bring a lot of hard work (for those that forgot, I have had three), and I know that it won't be easy, I somewhat agree with what Todd likes to say: When you have three flat tires, what's one more flat tire? But really, with all joking aside, I really am happy and excited for another little angel to join our family. Even though it will be more work, I have found that each baby tends to be easier than the last (or maybe it's just I know more of what I'm doing), and with each baby I've been able to enjoy the baby and my other children even more (sounds weird, I know).
I never do mean to be discreet or secretive about my pregnancies, whenever anyone asks, I tell them the truth, I'm just not good at going up to people and out of the blue informing them. Maybe by time I have my 26th child I will have it perfected, but I guess by then, why would I need to announce?

13 comments:

April said...

Congratulations...again! So just this morning I was thinking about you, how amazing you are with your kids and how easy you make it seem. This next kid is lucky to be a part of your family!

Tara said...

Congratulations Loni. That is great. I really am excited for you. Keep us all updated on the pregnancy, and let us know what you are having when you find out (will you find out?). Thanks for letting us know.

The Jones Fam said...

I actually already knew this, but I'm still so happy for you! I agree with the previous comment, you amaze me! You make it seem so easy and effortless with your children. I wish I could be more that way.

Chatty Family said...

Way to go Loni! You tell 'em. Thanks for updating!

Lisa Johnson said...

I think it's great that you know what you want, and what is right for you in terms of your family. I wish more couples could be so confident in themselves when it comes to when to have kids, and when to have more kids. No one is the same, so no one can tell you when is the "right time" for you to expand your family. Joe and I get a lot of pressure on having kids. Right now, we know that it's not right for us, and we're ok with that. When the time comes, we'll know. So, Congrats! I think a new addition to your family is a great idea! Plus, you have seriously adorable kids, who can blame you for wanting another one!!

Alyssa said...

Congrats Loni! I agree that everyone knows what they are capable of, and when the right time is. When I need an example of someone who can do it all with such easiness and finess, I think of you, and visualize myself being more like you. You have been blessed with great kids, too. I think, more power to you! I'm greatful for our friendship. Thanks for posting your thoughts. Congrats again!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

You go girl!!!

lex said...

Go you! I am impressed. And excited for you.

Our family said...

Congrats Loni!!!

jen said...

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you and more than a little jealous!

Nikki said...

Congratulations! I would say that 4 is really not too much harder than 3! ANd if you start getting rude comments from people you don't even know, call me I have some stories to tell!

Nikki said...

I just found out my sister is pregnant with baby #4. Her girls are all close like yours. anyway congrats again

Welsch Family said...

and Loni, you make up for Alyssa and I only being able to handle 2.