Monday, December 10, 2007

It can get worse


So, just a few short hours after complaining about my experience with taking the boys into public, I experienced something more horrifying. I had a doctor's appointment on Friday, which I had totally forgotten about until the night before; therefore, I was left taking all my boys with me. Surprisingly, they did really well, and Michael was so excited to hear the baby's heartbeat, I'm glad he didn't miss it. BUT, on the way out of the office, as I'm getting coats on everyone and trying to keep them round up, I hear a fire alarm go off. I was confused for a second, until I looked over and realized that it was my child pulling the fire alarm. In thinking it was a handicapped access button that would open the door, Michael had pulled the fire alarm. I went to go talk to the receptionist, but she had seen it happen and had understandingly just motioned that we were free to go. So, I went outside and loaded the kids up into the car. My doctor's office is attached to a line of other doctor's office buildings. As we were driving away, I realized that because no one had informed them that it was a false alarm, there everyone was, standing outside in the cold, wondering when they could go back inside.

5 comments:

Welsch Family said...

Way to go Mikey! I have always wanted to do that.

Nick

Alyssa said...

This is a very funny story. One that helps me relax and remember that I'm not the only one who has moments like these! Jace would like a tour, I think it's cool that there was a tour at your post office. By the way, I love the sad faced picture. That was a very perfect shot! I always try to get pics of my own kids with their very dramatic faces... namely Ella, mostly...

Natalie Buchkovich said...

That is funny!! That one is for the scrapbook!!! The joys of motherhood!

The Jones Fam said...

I have had to take Jaylee to a few of my doctor's appointments and it definitely keeps you on your toes. She's had to straddle my hips while I lay on the table so the doctor could listen to the baby's heartbeat without her freaking out. Atleast all the people standing outside didn't know it was you :)

Our family said...

Oh man that makes me laugh!!! I am glad to know that all kids are the same. They are just learning!!!