Thursday, September 22, 2011

Outside the Barn

One of my favorite songs is "Standing Outside the Fire", by Garth Brooks. I introduced the song to my boys and told them what it was about and why I liked it so much. The song is about living the life you want to live, about not just sitting and letting excuses or your own insecurities hold you back.
The other day I asked Roger if he wanted us to drive the car or ride our bikes to the park. He responded with, "Ride our bikes! You know why Mom? Because we need to do what that one song says to do, we need to Stand Outside the Barn. We need to not just sit, but need to exercise"
When it was time to leave the park, I was calling the boys to come to me. One lady noticed I was calling Roger up. She asked if he was my boy and when I affirmed that he was she told me, "He is a funny little boy. I was smoking and he came up to me and said 'Don't you know smoking is not good for you".
I just laughed, not sure of how to respond to that. Sure do love that boy.

No comments: