My friend Kara, who also has four kids, and I went to take our kids apple picking. Apple picking is one of my favorite activities. I love being outside, I love being able to pick these beautiful apples off of the trees, and I love tasting all the apples.
Well, my kids love it too. Especially the climbing the tree to get the apples (though I don't think they were supposed to do that)
But how could you get mad at that face?
Michael (as always) was a huge help. He carried one of the bags around for me, and it was not light at all. That kid is a saint.
A couple of days later we had the Kirkham's over for our annual carmel apple evening. This year we invited the Laux's as well. 10 kids, 7 and under.....we had a great time.
These three had the most fun, I think.
Last year we discovered that if we sliced the apples, they were easier to eat, plus you could get more carmel on the apples :). Because we don't like double dipping, and plus the carmel was really hot, we dished the carmel up into little bowls for the kids. Then we put some dippings on their plates. They had a great time.
But the kids didn't eat all that much. After they had had enough, they went and played, it was us adults who spent way too much time eating.
| Jim helping Michael make the perfect carmel apple |










No comments:
Post a Comment