Wednesday, December 14, 2011
Christmas Lights
We had set up all of the Christmas decorations and the house was beautiful.
When my mom had come to visit, she had brought some gifts for the boys, which we put under the tree.
Grant immediately wanted to open the gifts. I told him that he couldn't for we had to wait for Christmas. After trying to persuade me, he realized two things: 1. I was not going to budge and 2. That it was NOT Christmas day.
He went over and turned off the Christmas tree lights. I figured that this was one of his tantrum mechanisms and decided to ignore it and just let the tree be dark.
The next day I switched the Christmas tree lights on. Grant then asked me if it was Christmas. After hearing that it was not, he marched over to the tree and turned off the lights.
It was then that I realized two things: 1. he was not trying to punish me by turning off the Christmas tree lights and 2. He assumed that you can only have the Christmas tree lights turned on if that day is actually Christmas.
Labels:
Grant
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment