Monday, January 2, 2012

Beach

For our (incredibly generous) Christmas gift, my dad took us and all my siblings to Disneyland.  We got into California late on New Year's Day. Since we were tired from traveling, and hadn't seen my siblings much, our first day was a beach day.
And who doesn't just love the beach?








Anytime Roger found anything (be it an old hotel room key, sea shells, seaweed), he would run past Todd and I and show his treasure to Lyndee and Nathan. Maybe he felt like he would get more attention from them.










Roger found this floating seaweed and loved it!






I loved the freedom that my kids had, to run, play, and imagine. I was able to watch them and they were definitely safe, but I know that they felt a lot of independence.









Love how Uncle Nathan likes to play








I love this picture: William was shoveling some sand when some accidentally flew and hit my brother, Roger in the back. William was nervous that he was going to get in trouble, but once he figured out that Roger hadn't noticed, he got a little smirk on his face. So glad I caught the smirk
All the grandkids: L-R: William, Roger, Jackson, Addison, Audrey, Colton, Michael, Emma, Grant, Robert



The sun was shining, the sand was soft, the kids were happy, and I was loving life. I loved being able to use my new camera as well (obviously since a I took a gazillion of photos).The perfect end of the day was that Lana, Tavia, and I went for a 6 mile run, barefoot, on the beach.

No comments: