I had signed up for this traveling website that perdicts the crowd levels for Disneyland for any particular dates. When I punched in the dates we would be there, I was very disappointed to find that it was going to be one of the busier days of the year. I do not like having to deal with big crowds and I felt that it was going to make our trip a little more difficult.
I had decided that I was just going to try to make it as enjoyable experience as I could. Big crowds means more wait times, more shuffling through people, greater potential of loosing someone and more grumpy attitudes. Upon hearing about the crowds Todd had lost any interest in going to Disneyland at all.
Well, the crowds were not fun, but it didn't destroy the experience. We had a great time.
The first ride the boys went on was one of my favorites, Splash Mountain. Being pregnant, I couldn't ride it and neither could Grant for he was too short, so I took my sister's baby, Audrey, and Grant and I went on the Winnie the Pooh ride while they all went on Splash Mountain.
My boys loved Splash Mountain, and of course they got soaked. I had a great time being with Grant, but I did not care for Winnie the Pooh, it was far too jerky.
We were able to meet up with Roger and Tavia as well. We went to Haunted Mansion and to Pirates of the Caribbean. It was cute for Michael and Colton (who are the same age) would hold hands while we walked around and while in line.
We explored Tarzan's Treehouse, which was cute, but I did like the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse a little better.
Cousins: L-R William, Addy, Jackson, Roger, Colton, and Michael
I had gotten some Buckeye shirts on clearance from Old Navy and decided to bring them on the trip. Glad I did for they were perfect. The morning was a little cool, the afternoon was a little too warm (they rolled their sleeves up for that) and then the evenings were cool again. The shirts kept them at a good temperature. Also, it made my life so much easier when all I had to do was count 4 red shirts.
Went on a ride on the pirate ship
Devoured lunch
Took a break with Bampa
Roger and Jackson are such good friends. They laugh at each other and have very matching personalities. They had a great time together
Michael and Colton had a good time together as well
We went over to the Tom Sawyer Island, the boys loved the exploring and playing that they were able to do.
Grant was upset for he not only didn't want to take the picture, but he had to go to the bathroom as well.
Of course my boys would find a way to climb on TOP of the climbing thing
Grant was so much fun, he would jump down steps. Then he would run and run around. I guess he was just too full of energy.
Roger had purposely disobeyed me by running away from me in the caves. Because of this I made him sit out for the next activity. He was quite heartbroken. I felt badly, but he needed to have a consequence.
What he didn't realize was that the next thing really wasn't that exciting, just a picture op of pirate treasures
We enjoyed some fresh pineapple while Todd took the older two boys on Indiana Jones ride
Grant got to play with one of his favorite people, Addison. Can't blame him for loving her.
Got the picture in front of the Walt Disney/Mickey Mouse statue, but it's difficult to get 4 boys to cooperate for a picture all at the same time
Got the picture in front of the Cinderella Castle.
Got a picture in front of a suit of armor
Got a picture with the Sword in the Stone
The lines were long, especially during the afternoon
but we made the most of it. The boys were really good sports about waiting so longBut it does make it easier to wait in line when you're waiting with your best friends
Reagan hung out with us for several hours, which was a lot of fun. He was helpful and the boys (and I) like having him around. While waiting in line for Matterhorn, I had grabbed some Churros, the boys LOVED those. Grant exclaimed, "This is the best food EVER!!!" They may have just been hungry and the sugar and cinnamon hit the spot.
We rode the cars at AutoTopia. I rode with the two smaller boys while Todd and Reagan each took an older boy. The boys loved having cars that were their size.
Around 8:30 PM, we left the park. We had one more day at Disneyland (the next day) and I didn't want to tire the boys out too much, especially since they were still on Ohio time, which was 11:30. They were good sports and didn't complain when we had to walk several long blocks back to the hotel. They had a great, and magical day.


























No comments:
Post a Comment