Having my family in town for 2 weeks (my mom for 4) was a dream come true for me. I love having family around, love that I didn't have to be the one to travel across the country to see them, glad to show them our life here, don't mind how messy my house gets when they're here, but I did mind how big and uncomfortable I was feeling.
Can we say AwKward
![]() |
| Todd does like me barefoot, pregnant and in the kitchen |
With the boys finishing up soccer (meaning 3 different games for 3 different boys on Saturdays), Mikey and Roger starting up summer Swim Team, and William starting up softball, there were a couple of days that I was praying that I would go into labor just so I didn't have to do those days. Of course that didn't happen, but I was grateful to have my mom. She really helped out. We went to the boys' last soccer games,
one of the boys' swim meet and many of their practices
and several of William's softball practices and games
We cleaned and disinfected my tub in preparation for the birth.
I left the jets running a little too long while the bleach was in the tub, but it would've been any child's dream to play in (if it wasn't bleach)
And we did try to have some fun as well. One of the girls in my class I teach at church had a dance recital so we went to that. S was the best dancer out there.
Honestly, there's no way that I
could have done it without herShe's a great mom and we actually had a lot of fun.
And it was super nice, and very needed to have someone help me.
Then the rest of the crew (dad, Lyndee, Nathan (for a couple of days), Audrey, Lana, and Addison) drove into town. The party got crazy.
We went out a lot (more than I ever usually do at least)
My dad actually took the boys (by himself) to Chuckee-Cheese for like 4 hours. (sorry no pictures, but Grant got a lot of pictures of himself from the different photo booths there...a little self-absorbed if you ask me) I appreciated the rest, especially when the following day he watched the boys by himself for a couple of hours more while I had a refreshing Sunday afternoon nap. Thank you Bampa!
We went and got ice cream many many times
And of course, we had to frequent The Cheesecake Factory. Yum!
The kids played in the rain. Being from Southern Utah, Addison was a little confused about what rain was, but Grant showed her what it was and how to play in it.
One of my boys' favorite activity is to jump on the trampoline when it's raining. There must be something exciting about jumping when you're wet, for they found it to be just as fun to spray the trampoline with a hose while jumping.
After a particularly hot day at Scout camp, Todd got the sprinkler out and played in it with the boys.
They had fun sitting on it
fun running through it
fun pulling eachother into the sprinkler
fun tackling eachother into the sprinkler
fun running away from dad
fun running with dad
Honestly, I don't know how or where Todd found the energy. It was quite hot and he had already been outside in the sun at Scout camp for 7 hours. I'm so grateful my boys have such a good Daddy.
No matter how they played with it, the sprinkler was a huge hit.
Even Audrey joined in.
My belly got a lot of kisses
while Audrey got stamped

But she did get more than her fair share of kisses and attention. She actually started trying to avoid the boys so she could have some personal space (something I haven't had in years).
I enjoyed holding Audrey, and she liked me holding her for
when I held her she had a huge ball to sit on.
We went to church.
played many games, decorated my basement bathroom (well, mom, Lana, and Addison did), and just had a great time together, all while waiting for me to pop.By the end, we all were exhausted
But still very upset that everyone had to go home
Thanks for the wonderful visit. I love my family.























No comments:
Post a Comment