Evelyn received her baby blessing on Sunday, September 2. An LDS baby blessing is somewhat comparable to an infant baptism. It is not an ordinance, and we are not "saving" the baby, for we believe that through Christ all children are saved until an age of accountability. But the baby blessing is a special, personal blessing that an infant receives from a man that holds the priesthood (usually the father of the child) and blessings from Heavenly Father are pronounced onto the baby. It also is way for the parents to commit to raise their child in the Gospel of Christ.
Because I am not an overly sentimental person, there are some things I do get sentimental about. Ancestors and such is one way I am. My blessing dress was crocheted by my great-Grandma Peart. I loved that not only was it handmade, and that my great-grandma had made it, but I had worn it and that my daughter would be able to wear it.
I tried it on Evee (with a variety of different headware). But I felt that it needed a more updated look.

I decided to remove the little heart embellishments. Cute, but way outdated
Then with a new embellishment and a change of ribbon, I ended up with this:
I love it! So perfect. Has a history, but still stylish.
The blessing went very well. It was beautiful. I found a lot of peace with what was said and the Spirit that was felt.
The only problem was that I was sitting on the other end of the pew than Evee. Todd had just left her in her car seat, and when it was time to bring her up to the front of the chapel, he just unbuckled her and ripped her out of her seat. Not subtle at all. No surprise when she cried during the entire blessing.
Todd's parents, Mike and Eve, came up for the event
My Grandma Peart came - felt so blessed to have her come
And my wonderful Aunt RaNae, my mom's sister, came as well. She even made the beautiful pink blanket for Evee
And of course my mom came as well
She brought back my three oldest boys who had been with her for two weeks so that we could get life settled with Evee. Needless to say, my mom was exhausted by the whole experience. She did find a new respect for me though.
And Evee was just beautiful
Wonderful Experience!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment