Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Happy Birthday Todd

If you know me, you know that I LOVE TODD.
If you know Todd, you UNDERSTAND why I love him so much.
Todd is a one-of-a kind man. I am so grateful that he chose me to be his spouse, for he has made my life wonderful.

In the 12 years I have known Todd, I have learned so much. He is not one to lecture or to preach, but he teaches by example. I am so grateful that he is the example I want my kids to follow. 
In honor of his 34th birthday, here are 34 things I have learned from Todd:
  1. You don't need to get credit nor praise for the work you do. In fact, you can be more productive if you don't let that be your focus
  2. There is always time to play with your kids
  3. Don't harbor bad feelings towards others
  4. Work hard, play hard 
  5. Be honest
  6. Find ways that you can relate with people. They will feel more connected and safe with you
  7. You don't need to tell people about the service you performed 
  8. Images are highly over-rated, being yourself is best
  9. Don't offend God
  10. Even the most un-talkative person will open up if you allow them - Todd has a gift
  11. Put your spouse's needs before your own
  12. Be forgiving of people's short-comings
  13. Love your spouse unconditionally
  14. Be willing to admit that you weren't listening
  15. Be grateful of even the gravest of situations for it could always be worse
  16. Share your testimony with your kids, no matter their ages
  17. Everyone needs more compassion
  18. Teaching your sons to be "Men of Honor" is easier when you are a "Man of Honor"
  19. Mocking is done best when people think you are sincere - also is more fun when you truly love the person you are mocking
  20. Sons are great, but daughters are something special
  21. Have fun with your kids, even if it entails watching something stupid like "Shark-nado"
  22. Stay calm during stressful times
  23. You're never too cool to sing nursery rhymes
  24. Be respectful to people
  25. Do not hold a grudge
  26. Tell your kids stories of your past
  27. Follow the Prophet
  28. Be willing to live off of Ramon Noodles if you make poor financial choices
  29. Be aware of others' needs
  30. Always help clean up after events and parties
  31. Everyone deserves a good nickname
  32. People feel more supported by you when you touch them- enter the "handshake hug", where Todd will shake someone's hand using both hands
  33. Don't be afraid to rock the Bill Cosby sweater
  34. Trust in God








No comments: