I thought I had been nice, but I'm realizing that I have actually been quite cruel. My body has been so very kind and loving towards me, but what have I done in return? I actually feel a list coming on.
I have forced my body to:
lift girls my same size
play soccer (I LOVE slide-tackles)
play soccer and cheerleading in the same season
stay up way too late, a few all-nighters (one word: college)
train for and run a marathon
get up early to exercise
be a jungle gym
stand for way too long holding a baby
carried a baby in a car seat way too much and too often (those things are HEAVY)
eat whatever I want, not necessarily what I need during pregnancy
bend over to pick up toys, shoes, babies, even small children
spend too much time bent over a toilet - no not nauseous, but cleaning the thing (boys' aim)
and the killer is going through 4 pregnancies in just over 4 years!
Now, my body is starting to refuse. She has let me know that my demands are way too difficult. The things my body are doing back at me are as follows:
Bending over is not an option
Getting up from lying or sitting is difficult and tiring
Standing can only last for a short time
Carrying William causes shortness of breath and aches
My lap space has decreased, causing my children to push into my tender belly more frequently
My feet are swelling
My womanly figure consists of something that looks like a basketball
Walking up the stairs not only is "breathtaking", but I feel like I'm pulling muscles every time
Sleeping is even uncomfortable
My brain has turned to mush - I do have a bachelors, but you wouldn't know it by talking to me
And the killer is this: I am only 25 years old, yet I suffer from varicose veins!!!
(this is where the Psycho music comes in)
I never had them until just a few months ago, and if you do not have them, let me tell you that not only do they not look very flattering, but they hurt! Luckily I only have it really badly on one leg, but it still sucks. My legs that use to be oh so very sexy are only oh so sexy - if you like the blue vein bulging out thing.
I have to admit, I am sad about this, but Todd did give me the sweetest compliment. I went to church, not wearing any nylons (have you tried wearing them with a big belly - doesn't work out) and he was so impressed that I didn't wear nylons or a skirt that went to my ankle, showing wasn't ashamed of my VVs. Also that in a way my VVs showed that my priorities are my children for I wouldn't have VVs if I didn't have my kids. I think he was just being nice, but I did appreciate it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
If I could look like you...having 4 kids in 4 years...I'd be one happy lady. I know it's rough...but you look amazing!
I know that I just commented above, but MAN! AMEN!! I've only been threw of half of what you have and I totally and utterly agree! It's such a bummer and I use to wonder if my body was ever going to come back, but now I know that it NEVER will and it's just so dang depressing! But you gotta love those babies :)
I'm sure that the Mitchell's counted as a "need" and not just a "want", right? :)
I have to agree with how hard it is to see and feel the body change, not fun. Sad thing is, I'm only on number 2! If I look like you after 4 I will be very glad. You are amazing!
Post a Comment