Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sleeping Boys


The other morning Todd went to wake up Roger. He thought it would be fun to drop a small stuffed animal on his face to awaken him (I know, very mature). After doing this a few times, Roger sat up - not noticing Todd, grabbed his pillow, and slammed it on Mikey's face which caused Mikey to awaken with a start, or I mean a yell. I wonder if Mikey wakes up Roger that way every morning?

Todd and I had different opinions on sleeping options for our boys. For awhile we had Roger sleep on an old toddler bed and Mikey slept on a crib mattress that we would store under Roger's bed during the day. Once William needed the crib mattress we moved Mikey onto one of those chairs that fold out into a cushion to sleep on. We knew that we would have to at some point get the boys an actual bed. Todd had wanted to get bunk beds - which I agree that there is something very cute about boys in bunk beds, but I still felt that a double bed would be better for them at this age - plus I was able to get one for forty bucks.


So we got a double bed for the boys, and I have to say that it is so cute to see them sleeping together. They're like little puppies that cuddle together.

5 comments:

Chatty Family said...

Love that there are toys in the bed with them too! How does that ALWAYS happen? The boys are so cute together!

Amber said...

Ahhhh, what cute sleeping arrangements. We have been talking about the next transition too when Kenna gets too old for the crib. It's fun to see them grow up :)

Lacey said...

Ha ha. They are so cute sleeping like that. I love it.

your mom said...

That is sweet. :)

The Jones Fam said...

That's funny that Roger woke Mikey up by slamming a pillow in his face! I think it will be fun to try and Jett and Jaylee share a room when Jett gets big enough. Your boys look so cute sleeping together!