Monday, December 6, 2010

sharing sacrament


I love that my kids are willing to share with their brothers. William got a packet of fruit snacks from his speech class, once he got home, he opened them and divided them up among his brothers, equally.

The biggest surprise is when Grant shares. Grant can be overcome with the "Youngest child Syndrome" very easily and can assume that he is the boss. But he has surprised me more than once with his willingness to share. The funny thing is now he thinks that if he wants anything (like a cheese stick, fruit snack, apple), he has to give one to his brothers first.

In church William grabbed a piece of sacrament bread and instead of popping it into his mouth as usual, he tore the tiny piece into two and offered one to Grant.

I love seeing exchanges like that occur between my boys. I hope they continue to feel that way towards each other, and I hope that one day I will be as selfless with my self.

No comments: