Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Going Down...the hall


Me: Mikey, what was one thing you liked about your karate class tonight?
Mikey: Going down the hall
Me: Oh, you mean when you guys went down the hall to get a drink half-way through class?
Mikey: No, when we went down the hall because class was over

Kind of reminded me of the end of this music video (which I love)

Smart boy

Mikey wasn't a big fan of karate (I know it's technically "Hapkido", but I will refer to it as "karate"). He tolerated it, but he did not get very excited about going, he just went to be obedient.
After almost a month of classes and all of the other new kids had already gotten their uniforms I asked Mikey and Roger if they were committed enough to karate for me to purchase them uniforms. Roger had already asked to get uniforms previously and jumped at the thought of continuing karate. Mikey replied with a "No, don't buy them".
Sorry Mikey, if Roger is going to be taking the class...so are you.
Now Mikey has really gotten into karate. He is doing so well. He participates more and listens more. He comes home and teaches William how to do the moves (so cute).

Then the other day I walked into my bathroom to find Mikey standing in front of the mirrors doing one of his counting punch-thingy. I knew right then that Mikey was enjoying karate.

1 comment:

annahannah said...

Never saw the video before...really enjoyed that!