Friday, May 4, 2012

Michael's Baptism - The Invitation

For Michael's baptism, I knew I wanted to make some invitations. Mostly because we have a lot of friends that are not members of our church, so I wanted to make sure to invite them, and also so that I could send these invitations/announcements to our family members who all live far away.
I took Michael out one day, it was actually very chilly, and took some pictures. Grant had come along with us and was not very happy about how cold it was.

 It was fun to take pictures with Michael, he was a good sport and smiled when I asked him. The only problem was that when he would smile, sometimes I would get an extremely fake smile, but then all I would have to say was "Plants vs Zombies" and I'd get a real smile.










Not bad for a 15 minute photo shoot with an untrained (and untalented) mother.  Luckily I have such a good-looking kid to photography (mother's opinion)

 Now that I had the pictures, I needed to get to work on making an invitation.
One night I had a dream. In the dream I dreamt that I should put the Articles of Faith on the back of the invitation. I awoke, thinking this was a wonderful idea and felt that it was an inspired idea. I told my friend, Katie, who is usually very supportive, yet honest. She discouraged me, saying that it wasn't a good idea and that I shouldn't do it. But even with her telling me that, I still felt that I had been inspired and that I was going to do it anyway.
Then I woke up.
I had experienced a dream inside a dream. In reality Katie would have been very supportive of the idea. The feelings that I had had about this idea, and standing by this inspiration even when I was discouraged had stuck with me. I knew that I should do it.
But I will be honest, there was a part of me, mostly because of the rejection I felt in my dream, that wondered if it was a good idea. I asked Todd and he was super supportive of the idea, though he was more excited about the fact that I had had an Inception experience.
Here is the front of the card:

Here  is the back:


I had made them up on my computer then had them printed at Costco using their Greeting Card option. I pasted the two together, cheapest way to get a two-sided card. I only got the back for people I was mailing the cards to (like our many family members in Utah) and to those that are not members of the church.
I did have a couple of my non-member friends ask me about the Articles of Faith, so it showed that they did read through them, which I was happy. I love opportunities to share the message of the gospel with people. Guess my Inception experience may really have been inspired.

1 comment:

Five Alive said...

Loni you are so creative, the invitation is very cute.