Sunday, October 14, 2012

Marriage Plans

William: Mom, when I get old, I am going to live by you.

Me: Oh, I would love that. I will watch your kids for you. Whenever you go on a date with your wife, I'll watch your kids.

William: Okay.....Do you know who I am going to marry?

Me: Who?

William: Julia....Mom, do you know who Julia is?

Me: Yes, you did Joy School with her

William: Yes, I know I did, but do YOU know her?

Did he forget that I was one of the teachers of his Joy School experience?!

After William's friend, and Julia's betrothed, Tyler, moved away, Julia has determined that she is going to marry William. She informed William of this months ago, and on that day William asked me, "Mom, can people marry their friends". I told him that I married my friend. William then informed me that he was going to marry Julia.

This is great news. We love Julia's parents, Greg and Amy. There are 4 girls in their family, the oldest being Mikey's age. Todd has told Greg that he is Ishmael and Todd is Lehi. We decided that we would have our sons marry their daughters. Glad the boys are understanding their future.
Julia, the third child, is on the left with her sister, the fourth child on the right

1 comment:

The Lassen Family said...

So so adorable! Julia and Anna were looking at the pictures as I was reading the post. Anna has decided now that she is going to marry Grant. I like that my girls, too, are agreeing to this future we are building for them :-)

See your boys later today!