Tuesday, January 29, 2013
Happy Birthday William
I had been feeling like I needed to throw William a birthday party. Even months before his birthday I had purchased party invitation cards that I had found on clearance. When it came time for his birthday, it seemed as though maybe I was trying to do to much for we had our trip to Chicago and Evee had her g-tube surgery scheduled. In the end, I decided to go through with it between those two events, and I am glad I did.
After visiting the museums in Chicago, I decided that I should make the party science-themed, especially since William loves science. This turned out being a hit with the kids, and most of all, William.
We made Goo. Mikey and Roger were very helpful and enjoyed being the big kids. Grant enjoyed hanging out with these kids that are so close to his own age.
William loves Captain America (I'm not sure exactly why, it may have to do with the fact that CA was small before he became a super hero). Because of this, he requested that his cake be made like the Captain America shield. I did my best.
William had a great time, and it was so good to give him so much attention. Being the middle child, he doesn't always get a lot of extra attention.
William turned 6, and a smart little 6 year-old he is. He has always been quite advanced with most things, reading proficiently at a young age, able to do and understand math equations, able to understand science concepts. Even though he is quite brilliant, he isn't flashy with it at all, I'm not sure he understands how advanced he is. His Speech Therapist didn't realize that he knew how to read for many months, it wasn't until she noticed he was mouthing the words she was reading. After that she had his reading level tested, he was reading at a mid-second grade reading level, and would have been much higher but his comprehension held him back -- and this was a year ago!
He is very aware of his life. He likes to have a calendar in his room and he is very good at studying the family calendar and remembering every one's activities and plans.
William is a little teaser. Everything is a joke to him, and there is always an opportunity to tease someone. It is quite hilarious how upset Grant will get with William's teasing.
William's normal disposition is to be happy. He rolls with the punches easily, and finds joy in little things. He doesn't ask for much, so when he does, I try to be attentive to his requests.
William has more social awareness than all of his brothers combined. He has always been mindful of how he looks and acts in public, quickly asking if his eyes are red from crying. He also has polite manners, understands how to talk and act around others, especially those his age.
William is amazing at making friends. He knows how to make friends, and keep them. Whenever we leave the park, even if William came not knowing anyone there, William is always saying goodbye to at least two or three kids.
William loves to run and be outside. He is very much like me in that aspect.
William, like most middle children, is not flashy nor loud, but when you stop to notice him you are impressed with his many talents and traits. He understands a lot more than it may seem he would. I'm so grateful for such a great kid in our life.
Labels:
William
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment