Saturday, January 19, 2008

Happy Birthday to My Baby






William is now one! I cannot believe a year has already past. It seems like yesterday that I "popped him out", yet it feels like he's been in our family forever - well, I guess he probably has.

The Tongan traditions would not celebrate the birth of a baby, they would not even name the baby until it's first birthday. Then they would have a celebration for the baby 'cause the baby proved that it would survive. As odd as it sounds, I can understand this reasoning. Up until now, I wasn't sure William would be able to handle such big, and "mature" older brothers. But after being jumped on, pushed, squeezed, poked, hit by toys, and kissed too much, William has proven that he is here for the long haul - thank goodness.

I really am quite thankful for William. He has been the "perfect baby". Never cries too much, never demands too much, is VERY flexible (often putting off his nap for several hours due to convenience, yet no complaining), yet he always gives me a smile when I need it most - almost as to say, "Mom, I know you've got your hands full, but you can handle it, I'll help how I can".

Anyhow, here's to my boy. William I love you so very much - thank you for the joy you've filled our house with!

5 comments:

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Happy Birthday Willie!!!!

Terra said...

isn't it amazing how much the little ones can handle? Jacob's line of defense is to spit up all over whoever is bothering him today. Alexandra annoyed him so bad today that she ended up having to shower to get all the throw up out of her hair.

The Jones Fam said...

Isn't amazing how fast they grow! He's such a cute little boy, I love the nude pic! Hopefully the next baby will be as good :)

Our family said...

I can't believe that he is one. I think the last time I saw him he was just learning to sit up!!! What a cute family you have. I sure miss seeing you guys!!

Amy Patterson

Tara said...

How are you feeling these days? He is a darling little guy. All of your boys are. I hope that your family is doing well.