Sunday, January 13, 2008

In Memory of

I am sure many of you have heard of the four small children that were thrown off of a bridge by their father. I have been thinking so much about these precious little ones. I think one reason is because I can imagine and understand the loss a little bit more fully. I say this because the children were my children's ages: a 3 year-old, a 2 year-old, a 1 year-old, and a baby (which I will have in a couple of months). I can relate how each of these children were and can envision how devastating it would be to have this happen to them, to not only loose them, but to know that they had to go through something so terrifying. I like to think that the moment they were let go, God's angels caught their little spirits and swiftly took them "home" to God. There they were immediately put into Heavenly Father's lap, where He got to hug them, express to them how He had missed them, and let them know how sad He was about the way their lives were treated, but that everything was going to be okay for they were now with Him.
I really haven't had anyone too close to me pass away, and I really don't think I can fully understand what this family is going through, but I do mourn with them. I am so saddened by what they have to deal with. Especially the mother, who no longer has her sweet babies with her. I pray that she will gain strength and have faith that one day that she will be with them again. I also am sorry to any of you who have lost someone close to you. I pray that you will find comfort. I do believe that there is life after this, and for anyone interested in what I believe in it, click here.

2 comments:

Lisa Johnson said...

Loni, I have not heard this story! We don't have very many TV channels so we don't watch much TV. Where can I find this story online? I really can't believe someone would do this to children! I definitely agree that angels definitely step in, in situations like this!

The Andra Family said...

I too have not heard about it; absolutely horrifying. When and where did this happen?