Sunday, January 13, 2008

Out with the SKINNY and in with the LARGE

It's that time again. It really does start feeling like a yearly event, but no, what I am talking about isn't dictated by the calendar nor the weather. What I am talking about is MATERNITY CLOTHES!! With my first one, I was so excited to get big that I started wearing my maternity clothes before I really needed to. My last two, I prolonged it as long as I could. I know people say, "but being pregnant is so cute!" But in reality, as wonderful as pregnancy is, being big is not something I crave. I went on wearing "normal" clothes much longer than I ever should have tried. This pregnancy, I've given up on looking good in any way, so I actually pulled out the maternity clothes quicker - funny what kids do to you - I've lost all pride and sense of decency.
Do you remember when you were little, and all of your pants had the elastic waistband - and I mean all, including the jeans! My question is why did we ever leave this practice? I know that many of you are thinking "because it's not too fashionable to have an elastic waistband!". But think about it - if all of us wore pants with elastic waistbands, then it would be hip.

Now the reason I think that we should go back to elastic is for this reason. Have you ever (recently) pulled up pants with an elastic waistband? It is amazing. It is so fast. How nice it is to go potty (or the bathroom for those without kids) and just pull up and down your pants. When I have to get ready in 3 minutes (which let's face it, it happens with kids) I save seconds not having to try to squeeze into jeans, then zip them, and then button them!

Todd always teases me when I'm in my pregnancy pants, saying that I am just like a little kid with the elastic band. But I must say, I do enjoy having pants that are so easy on and off. Maybe we can start a revolution with this thing - or maybe it's the pregnancy hormones talking.

5 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

This last pregnancy I still put off wearing maternity clothes if I could help it. I do have to say though, I would wear my pj pants every day (which all have elastic waists, or draw-string) if I could get away with it. No annoying zippers, snaps, or buttons.

Terra said...

I'm all for it

Natalie Buchkovich said...

You hit it right on the nail!! Amen Sister!

Steph & James said...

I think we need to see a visual of you "large" I HIGHLY doubt that you are even remotely large.

lex said...

I'll join your revolution, for sure. Good thinking.