After trying to call the doctor, I finally just drove to his office. Upon getting there, I explained what had happened, and the nurse informed me that once the doctor returned from lunch, William would be the first one seen. I ended up waiting over an hour. I still hadn't fed the boys lunch, so the boys were a little upset seeing that this all happened around noon. I got into the doctor's room around 1:30 - so exciting. My only complaint about my doctor is that he is a pediatrician, why does he not have any kind of toys in the waiting room, or in the examination rooms? Do they want the children to destroy their expensive medical equipment? I swear they were going to loose a stirrup (why does a pediatrician have stirrups anyhow?)
After waiting half and hour in the examination room, the doctor came in and spent 5 minutes looking at it. He said that because it was on the tip of his tongue and had come apart so badly, he wanted to consult a specialist. He left, and after another 15 minutes he came in to inform me that the specialist wanted to see it himself, that he couldn't say over the phone.
Luckily, Todd called me as I was driving over to the specialist office, so I sent Todd to the doctor's with William and I took the boys home to feed them lunch. About an hour later, Todd came home. The doctor had looked at it and said that they do not even sew it up unless the cut is longer than 4 cm - where on a baby's tongue is there 4 cm?!
So, after hours at doctor's offices, I found out that it has to heal on it's own - frustrating!!! And now, my little angel has to be careful for the next two weeks!
5 comments:
OUCH, is right! Poor little guy! That just breaks your heart. Give him a kiss of me!
STOP beating you children Loni.
Wow, what a traumatic experiance! You are supermom! I swear, just reading your blogs make me tense and I'm not even there! Poor William, hopefully his tongue will heal quickly.
Oh my gosh, Loni!!! Crazy! I hope that he'll heal fast. That's just gotta suck. Poor kid! - and 4cm seems a little much... I can't imagine having even a 1 or 2cm slice and not having them sew it up. That's not cool.
Loni, I'm so sorry. I can't even imagine them not doing something quicker at the doctor's office! I'm sure the man had his phone, call him and get him back to the office now! I really can't believe they can't do anything for a slice like that! Well, I applaud you for not going ape, (or at least not letting us know that you went ape), and keeping your cool. You are such a great mom!
So, Loni! I was looking at Lyndees blog and found you and have been quite enjoying your blog entries!! Incase you don't know it's me, Jaycee! My hubby does our blogging (it's the only way he'll keep a journal!)
From one mom to another I think you rock the casba!
Your entries make me feel normal and that craziness is cool and a great reminder that being a mom ROCKS!
Congrats on #4!!! Thanks for making my day!
JAYCEE
Post a Comment