When I asked Todd about me going, he was very supportive of me going, but did ask, "How are you going to do this by yourself?" I did think about this, but refused to think about it too much. I knew it would be difficult, but I was desperate to visit family, besides I go places with them all the time by myself, I could handle the airport and airplane....right?
The next day my dad called me. He said that after talking to my mom, he decided that he would come out and help me fly to Utah, and that my mom would fly with me back to Ohio!!! Awesome.
Thursday night my dad got into Ohio really late. We stayed up talking for awhile, I was just so excited to see him. The next morning we had just enough time to have breakfast, finish packing, and head off to the airport. Ticketing and security were quite painless. When we got to the terminal, William looked around at all the people and said, "All these people not going to Utah". I told him that there were probably some that were to which he responded with, "All these people not going to grandma's Utah".
The stewardess informed me that there was only one empty seat left on the plane, and recommended that I take it for Grant, seeing that no one would prefer to sit by me anyways, so I did. I sat on a row with Mikey and Grant, and my dad sat on the next row with Roger and William.
The flight went over very well. I actually thought that my dad may be regretting making the trip out to help for the kids and everything seemed to be so easy. I later found out that my dad told my mom that it was a good thing that he went out for he couldn't see me doing that all alone...it was just too hard and overwhelming. Ironic.
Lyndee finally found us. The boys were excited to see her and about knocked her down by hugging her. We gathered our stuff and followed her to her car. She walked holding Roger's hand. Lyndee was telling him of how she missed him and loved him, he responded with, "Ya, but I'm not going to marry you."
"Why not?"
"Because you're my aunt.....but I still love you."
My boys need to quit talking about marriage at such a young age.
4 comments:
Hilarious!!!
wow! sounds like a lot of work to me. And I LOVE that picture at the top!!!
that is awsome Loni..loved reading about all the talk of marriage with the boys.. keep up the good work. Your an awsome mom!
Your boys are so adorable!!
Post a Comment