Saturday, October 10, 2009

Lizards

After visiting the zoo, Mikey asked me if we could get a gecko. If 4 kids, 2 turtles, 2 fish, 1 dog, and 3 houseplants isn't enough for me to keep alive, let's add on one more thing. I just calmly told him what I've heard many parents say, but never have said it myself, "Maybe for Christmas".

While in Utah we were watching General Conference at my mom's house when someone noticed a lizard climbing near the ceiling. My studly brother Reagan stepped up to the task and got some salad tongs to catch the lizard with, then placed (dropped) the lizard into a bucket.

The boys were all very excited, especially Mikey and his cousin Colton. They played with the lizard for a long time. When they were done, they let the lizard return to his family.I'm hoping that he won't remember about the gecko come Christmas.

Honestly, isn't this a little ridiculous (even though we no longer have the butterflies)

No comments: