Thursday, October 29, 2009

Soccer

That time of year again
Again we signed Mikey up for soccer...which is actually suprising considering how he reacted to it last year. But this year was going to be different because Roger was finally old enough to be in the leauge. We knew it would be different because Roger was so excited to play....well, it was different...with Mikey.
Mikey totally blossomed. He loved playing, there was no fighting him, persuading him with the treats that would come afterwards... he loved playing and was excited to get out there. He was aggressive (sometimes too aggressive, but hey, it's soccer). He would score several goals a game (a few times he scored for the other team... but it's still a goal right?)
Roger, on the otherhand, did not enjoy soccer. The first time he went out on the field, he was really excited, but I soon learned that what I have been teaching in the home is totally against what is taught on the field.We kept yelling to Roger to get the ball. He would stand around crying. After going to him I asked him what was wrong, "Mom....they're not sharing the ball!!! They're not letting me have a turn!!"....maybe having my kids play sports is a bad thing.
After the first couple of games, Roger refused to go out and play, instead he would sit on the sidelines with us. Whenever I would tell him to go back out he would complain that it was too cold - not that I can say that I disagreed with that... there were some cold games.

William loved going to the games. The games that Todd made it to, William would go practice with Todd before and after the games. He LOVED this time. Then during the game he would sit in his little baseball chair, holding Mikey's soccer ball, and cheer for Mikey.
Grant had a love/hate relationship with going to the soccer games. Grant LOVES balls of anykind. He loved watching the game, but he would also want to play the game. We would let him play with one of our soccer balls and he would have a great time with it until we told him he couldn't take it onto the field.


No comments: