Thursday, December 10, 2009

Bully

I assumed that with my decision to homeschool that I would prevent my kids having to deal with bullies. I was wrong, dead wrong.

My boys have to deal with this:

Someone once asked me, "With Grant being the fourth child, he must be really easy going?" Oh, no, quite the opposite. He rules the roost, he's always pushing his weight around. I'm not quite sure of how to deal with this, he can be quite mean to his brothers, but at the same time they do pester him a lot.

He can be really nice, and very sweet, but he can change to being mean in a hurry. Because of his fits of rage, and our love of dinosaurs, we have nick-named him Angryasaurus.

He is not content with playing with his brothers, he has to play with all of his brothers' toys. He specifically seeks out to fight with William...maybe because he weighs more than William. But the advantage William has is speed. Whenever Grant comes near where William is playing, William picks up his toys and runs away from him, and whenever William doesn't pack up and run out, I - being more concerned with quietness than fairness- either tell him to run or submit to Grant's cries.

2 comments:

Jonathan and Carley said...

Loni- This makes me laugh because Lydia is doing the same thing! She is such a drama queen and can be so aggressive. If Abigale takes something away from her she will attack (hit, bite, scratch) and then throw her body on the ground, roll around and scream. Aaahh! It's just a phase, right? (please tell me its just a phase)

The Andra Family said...

This sounds just like our situation, but with only 3 boys. My youngest, Cole, really pushes my other two around. And he especially pesters Colin to NO END. Crazy huh?