Last night it was Mikey's turn to sleep with me. He read me a couple of books and we cuddled and chatted for a bit. Then he asked, "Mom, are you going to go to sleep right now?"
I told him that I had to clean up the kitchen, fold some laundry, and other things before I could go to bed. I then got up and started folding laundry on my bed so we could continue talking.
Mikey looked deep in thought then asked, "Mom, what can boys do for their moms?.....What work can I do so that you don't have so much much work?"
I was touched with his compassion for me.
Mikey then offered, "Instead of you grabbing my toys and putting them into a pile, I could pick up all my toys and put them away."
It's so amazing to see him getting older and more mature. And I love how he thinks about other people, that cannot be taught.
When I was done folding laundry I had to go down and finish cleaning the kitchen. I asked Mikey if he wanted to join me because I did enjoy his company, and plus we Homeschool so that we can do things like that. He said, "I think that since you want me to go down with you, I should go down with you". If only I could bottle up that obedience and give it to him in 10 years.
After being so impressed with all of Mikey's contemplations, he said, "Mom, when we go to swimming, it's a break for you, 'cause the teachers teach us, and you don't have to teach us...you just have to watch the little boys".
Mikey, I was very impressed until mentioned that it was a "break" or that it may be easy to get 4 kids bundled up, drive to the rec center, walk the kids inside while carrying multiple bags, a child, and pulling another resistant child all in the snowy cold, getting into the locker room, helping 4 boys get dressed into their swimming suits (and for some reason they all think they HAVE to have their swimming shirts on), entertain William and Grant while Mikey and Roger's lessons start 20 minutes before William's, entertain Grant while William goes into his swim class, allow the four boys to swim after class and sometimes that includes me getting into the water, fighting at least one kid to get out of the pool when it is time to leave, take the four boys into the locker room, shower, wash, and lotion 4 boys, get them bundled up, then make the trek out to the car again. EASY.....BREAK.....I DO NOT THINK SO!
No comments:
Post a Comment