My kids, especially William, are in such a rhyming frenzy. I never thought that I could go crazy because of hearing rhyming all day. I seriously feel like I've hit the Dr. Seuss Twilight Zone.
In my head I hear the famous words from Princess Bride:
"No more Rhyming...I mean it!"
"Anyone want a peanut?"
My boys are also that...boys. They think that potty talk is just plain hilarious. They would talk about pee all day if I let them, all the while laughing their heads off.

After asking them to not use potty talk, which also includes talking about stinky diapers (why? I do not know...sometimes I do not understand their humor at all), one day I decided to put a stop to this talking. I grabbed some soap and put it on each of their tongues.
This they did not like. William and Roger cried while Mikey, who did not like it but understood that he had earned it, had a sour look on his face. But, I will tell you, it worked. They stopped their potty talk.....almost.
The thing one has to understand about kids is that they are terribly intelligent. They will figure out what the rule is, and as they may obey the letter of the law, they will not obey the spirit of the law.
Now my kids, especially William and Roger, will say, "A bad word rhymes with 'I love you', it's 'I love poo". After me getting on them for still saying potty talk, they have compromised.
"Mom, a bad word rhymes with 'shoe'...but I not gonna say it."
Ummm....then why are you bringing it up?!
Then they will make up words to rhyme with "bad" words, for example:
"Buzz Lightyear to the zee....Mom, a bad word rhymes with Buzz Lightyear to the zee"
Really? Why?
But what upsets me the most is that whenever Todd is around and hears it he snickers about it like a little kid, then he will even add in his own Potty Rhyming word!!!
Boys never change do they
In my head I hear the famous words from Princess Bride:
"No more Rhyming...I mean it!"
"Anyone want a peanut?"
My boys are also that...boys. They think that potty talk is just plain hilarious. They would talk about pee all day if I let them, all the while laughing their heads off.
After asking them to not use potty talk, which also includes talking about stinky diapers (why? I do not know...sometimes I do not understand their humor at all), one day I decided to put a stop to this talking. I grabbed some soap and put it on each of their tongues.
This they did not like. William and Roger cried while Mikey, who did not like it but understood that he had earned it, had a sour look on his face. But, I will tell you, it worked. They stopped their potty talk.....almost.
The thing one has to understand about kids is that they are terribly intelligent. They will figure out what the rule is, and as they may obey the letter of the law, they will not obey the spirit of the law.
Now my kids, especially William and Roger, will say, "A bad word rhymes with 'I love you', it's 'I love poo". After me getting on them for still saying potty talk, they have compromised.
"Mom, a bad word rhymes with 'shoe'...but I not gonna say it."
Ummm....then why are you bringing it up?!
Then they will make up words to rhyme with "bad" words, for example:
"Buzz Lightyear to the zee....Mom, a bad word rhymes with Buzz Lightyear to the zee"
Really? Why?
But what upsets me the most is that whenever Todd is around and hears it he snickers about it like a little kid, then he will even add in his own Potty Rhyming word!!!
Boys never change do they
No comments:
Post a Comment