I won't lie, I am nervous. I question whether I am on course to do this. But then I got really nervous when I saw this:

Are you kidding me!?!?!! Why did I not see this before I signed up?
This was a comparison of the difficulty of each Ironman based on the average time it takes people to complete it. Now I understand why St. George has not sold out yet....not very many people are stupid enough to try to conquer those mountains!
Regardless of which Ironman I chose to do, 140 miles is going to be hard no matter the course and no matter the weather. I do start questioning why I would do something like this, but then I remember that life is all about experiences, about learning, about being masters of our own lives.
If life had a soundtrack and we all had our theme songs, I think mine would be "Standing Outside the Fire" by Garth Brooks. To me it says to live life to the fullest, live to your standard, don't be afraid to be hurt or to fail, for that is when we are the strongest, the happiest, and the most successful.
Wish me luck for the next 100 days....I definitely am going to need it!
9 comments:
You can do it, Loni!
I've been thinking about you lately...there's a woman at my gym that looks JUST like you.
Good luck training!!
this I know----Loni--you can do it---and I'll be there doing something harder than the Ironman---that is I'll be taking care of those 4 wild boys of yours!!!! j/k your awesome---you can do it!!!
Yes you are crazy! But I'm totally cheering for you. Good luck and I bet you'll do amazing!
Of everybody that I know, you are the only person that I know could do something like this! You are CRAZY...but I love ya!! I wish I could be there to cheer you on!
I was just thinking that if you were a pioneer you would have totally kicked butt haha - you would have made the trip a few times just for fun (that's how crazy you are) :)
Loni, don't doubt yourself. You have successful completed one iron man already and how many marathon's have you done. You are very diligent in your training. You Can do this because you are simply amazing!
Loni why do you always have to do things the hard way? You should've totally held out for the one in Switzerland, easiest course, beautiful scenery, alps and I am sure after your endeavor you could recoup on the two day train ride to the Matterhorn.....dad would be all over that.
I can't decide if you are crazy or not.....Wow, good luck! You amaze me! To answer your question in my recent post, Jared is a personal trainer at the Encore (casino) gym. He really likes working there but the hours are not good at all. Right now I am just thankful that he found a job so soon after losing his job back in September. I am hoping for a change in the future though :)
You got this girl! But next time, I think Lyndee has a really good point...Switzerland...sounds like all the privileges without the responsibilites :)
Post a Comment