Todd enjoyed having her here because they have twin personalities. There are times that I think, "Wow, I married my sister". Also, LeNae watched the boys one evening so that Todd and I could go out.
I enjoyed having LeNae here for Todd worked a lot of nights and I didn't have to be alone. Almost every night we watched a movie together while doing some sort of project or eating some treat. Also, LeNae helped me go through my closet of clothes. I tried everything on and she told me whether to keep something or not. I didn't even bother looking in a mirror, I trusted her opinion. She did make fun of me about some outfits...but then again I do have clothes that I wore in high school.
I was also grateful to have LeNae visit for during her visit I was in charge of two parties. One was an Early Childhood PTA one for the community of children and the other was Mikey's birthday party in which 20 kids came to.
Mikey enjoyed LeNae because he has more conversations with LeNae than anyone else I know, including me. LeNae has always been so good at listening and understanding Mikey. When Mikey wouldn't talk much to anyone else, he was always willing to talk to LeNae.
Roger was happy to have LeNae because LeNae is pretty much his girlfriend. He loves her so much, thinks she's so wonderful, so beautiful. He is so infatuated with her that even my other sisters are jealous of their relationship.
William was glad that LeNae came for it allowed me to give William more attention. He also enjoyed getting the extra love and attention from her. Plus William loves being read to more than anything and LeNae is always willing to read a book.
Grant was happy to have LeNae here for she is the best play buddy EVER. She was game for every adventure he could come up with. They were "super"s that flew around and she had to carry around a big box that he said was the "super box", they were fish, they went fishing, and of course LeNae not only participated with him, she encouraged his playing and gave all the right reactions.
LeNae is really a wonderful Aunt, Sister and Friend. She is one of my favorite people and it's no wonder why. She is so pleasant, easy-going, and hilarious. She loves my kids, validates them, and is willing to kiss them regardless of how gross their faces are.
When it was time for LeNae to go home we all were a little sad. LeNae had been teasing Grant about stealing his "baby pillow" and as we were loading up she told him to go get his "baby pillow" so that she could take it home with her. I think he thought that she was saying that he was going to Utah with her. I was nervous about how he would react when we got to the airport for he usually cries whenever we drop anyone off there, but fortunately he fell asleep on the drive. When he woke up after we got home, he walked around the house calling out, "Nae, Nae?!" After realizing that she was gone, Grant came running up to me, telling me we had to go to the airport :( During this Roger ran to me with a look of sudden realization and said, "Mom! Hurry and call Nae, she has to come back! She has one of my toys in her pocket!" Silly boy, LeNae had left that 25 cent toy on the table.
2 comments:
I couldn't agree with you more. LeNae is one of the most genuine and sincere people I know. She is a pure, kindhearted woman, even though I remember her as a 5-year old in my mind. She is one in a million- and someone you are lucky to be around because she makes you feel awesome.
What can I say, she drives a hard competition! LeNae is hard not to like or love. She truly is a gem and easy to get attached to, we all love LeNae.
Post a Comment