Since Valentine's Day was on a week day, and our preferred babysitter had a basketball game, we knew we wouldn't be going out that day. So, we decided to see if we could make it so that someone else could go out by watching their kids. I don't know if people were afraid that I would treat the kids like I do my own (which I usually do), but everyone that we asked turned us down.
I decided to do what a friend of mine was doing. We dressed up nicely and had a nice dinner at home. I didn't tell Todd the plan, but he was pleased to see the dining table all fixed up, and the candles all lit. The boys loved the candles, and actually left them alone. I even made a heart cake, which I was pretty proud of. We talked about love, inwhich Mikey kept saying that he loved Bandit, my sister's dog, yet totally forgot about me. Don't worry, I'm just the one who feeds him, cleans up after him, comforts him, and popped him out. We gave the boys each a little matchbox airplane as gifts from us. Overall, a really nice evening.
4 comments:
So cute!!! I'm glad you had a nice Valentine's Day!
How funny that Todd got you Willow Tree for Valentines. That is what Brett got me, too. It isn't the same one as yours, though.
Very impressed with the cake!! Little Miss Martha wouldn't you say!
That was so thoughtful of you to offer to babysit for someone else! Even if they did turn you down. You are so funny Loni, I always laugh through your posts. Were you always this funny? :)
Post a Comment