Friday, February 1, 2008

A Perfect Day

Today Todd got the day off of school & work - boy were we excited!!! We decided that since it wasn't too cold outside, we would go on a family bike ride. We only have one bike-puller (which barely fits two kids) so I had to call around to find someone who had one we could borrow. Everyone that I called commented on how cold it was and that we should probably wait another month or two. What these people don't realize is that when I was training for my marathon, I ran in much worse weather - all while Todd rode on his bike pulling the kids (on the long runs anyhow).
I guess Royalty gets to ride alone
We finally were able to borrow Terra's bike puller (thanks!), and set out to go biking. We went to a reservation park that has a bike path connected to it. We got the kids all bundled up, got the bikes out, locked the car and started riding. As we searched for the bike path, we realized that we had gone to the wrong park - the park with the bike path was a mile down the road - a road much too scary to ride your bike on.
Well, in this short time, both Roger & William had fallen asleep. So to not wake them, and also to not have to deal with getting them in and out of their seats, we placed the trailers in the back of our car. We were laughing about how silly it seamed to be putting our kids in that way, but also decided that it wouldn't make too bad of a road trip.
There's children in those carriers
We finally got started on the path. It was perfect. Earlier (and I'm talking minutes) it had been raining. But when we started, we were dry, and the temperature was perfect. A little chilly, but perfect with coats and gloves and such while biking. A couple of hours later, just as we were done it started downpouring with rain. We got a little wet getting the kids and everything packed up, but we were just so thankful for the great weather we had in between.

That's mud on Roger's face

The boys were excited for a break when we stopped to let them run around for a bit

Mikey looking out his "Window"

To give the kids more room, we put these two together at the end. William was happy for the company - but needless to say, Roger wasn't thrilled about it.

6 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Good job getting outside in cold weather. I tend to not leave my house when it's cold, and I'm sure that the cold here is nothing compared to Ohio.

Terra said...

Glad you guys had fun. Its always nice for the kids to spend a fun day with Dad.

Amber said...

I just love it!! You guys are the coolest and it's just so fun to see you all doing it as a family! What memories you are making for your boys! I hope that your pregnancy is going well! Take care of you!

lex said...

Oh my goodness! This looks like fun family bonding time. And I can't get over how cute and adult-like william's facial expression is in that last picture.

The Jones Fam said...

I love days like this where you get to spend time together as a family, doing things you don't regularly get to do. It looks like lots of fun, but cold!

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Looks like fun!