William's room is just down the hall. I know he hears what goes on at night, we all do. You know he feels like the kid that wasn't invited to the party that everyone is enjoying, but you can hear it, and what's worse is that you're stuck in a confined bed with bars around it.
We have family prayer in Mikey & Roger's room, then after we have everyone kiss and I take William into his bed. After the prayer is over, William starts crying for he knows what is about to happen. He loves hanging out with the boys and doesn't want to be left out.
The other night, after prayer, Todd convinced me to allow William to sleep with the boys. He even brought up a cushion for William to sleep on. I figured that since it was a Friday night, why not. We explained (as much as you can to a one year old) that he had to stay in the room if he wanted to sleep in there. He was excited.
About an hour later I was coming upstairs and I heard a noise. William was trying to push open my bedroom doors. I picked him up and realized that it was quiet, meaning the boys were asleep. I went to go check on the boys, and sure enough, they were asleep, with Roger sleeping on the cushion. I figured that William had been good, so I lied him down next to Mikey. He got the cutest smile. By the way he was acting and the look on his face, I figured he was thinking that surely I had made a mistake by putting him in that bed, but if he didn't say or do anything, I wouldn't realize that I was putting him in the wrong bed. Kids always think their parents aren't very smart, and in reality, we aren't.
Later I went to check on them, and this is what I found. Soo cute.
They slept well, until sometime in the middle of the night, William had woken up and started crying. He left the bed and was walking toward a light I had left on in his room in case he had woken up. It was good to know that he's still my baby and doesn't have to spend all his time with those wild boys.
3 comments:
How cute!! Your boys sound so fun! Love the new pics of Grant too. Glad to see that you guys are doing well :)
I love all of the pics, they turned out great! That pic of your boys all asleep together is priceless. The first time we let Jaylee not sleep in her crib, she had a similar experience. She woke up in the middle of the night wandering around her room.
I like the hair, you look sophisticated. I know it's not your fav. but you rock it just the same! :) When I become a stylist (hopefully before you move away) I'll do your hair!
And on the memory, I do remember that one, that is too funny!!!
Post a Comment