Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Roger


Today is Roger's Third Birthday!!! I can't believe he's already that old, yet I can't believe he's only been with us for three years. These last couple of weeks I've been telling Roger that his birthday was coming up and he was going to turn three. He would refuse this and insist that he was two and he would not hear of me telling him that he would be three. I am so happy to have him in my life.

Roger is always very concerned about his brothers. He cannot handle seeing them unhappy. Upon hearing his brother crying, Roger will often give his brother the toy he is playing with, even when it is not the reason his brother is crying.

Roger is my boy that needs little sleep. He is usually the last to sleep and one of the first up. The last six months he has been coming into my bed in the morning. I actually love it. He's very sweet and tender. He'll scratch my arms and give me big hugs.

Roger is his own person. He doesn't like being controlled in anyway. I always have to remember to allow him to make decisions for he will usually make good decisions when allowed to make the choice. For example if I tell him to clear his plate or if I ask him if he'll clear his plate, he is much more responsive if I ask.

He has great coordination and a lot of natural athleticism. He catches on easily to physical stuff. When running he can dodge things without slowing down. He loves being active.
Since he had cake for his birthday party, I put candles in our breakfast - overnight french toast

He is my little sweet boy. He will constantly tell me, "I love you very much", and will even wink at me!! He mastered the hand sign of I love you, and will often flash it for me. He has the cutest little "I love you smile". He does make the cutest faces sometimes - it really makes you wonder what he is thinking.

He has a deeper voice for his age, and there is nothing I love more than to hear his little giggle. He will always giggle when he's getting what he wants, so it is difficult for me to say no. When I do say no, he says "You go away Mom". We now put him in the corner for saying this. But he has found other ways of getting around it. He has told me, "You go to a store, Mom". Oh, well.

We sure are glad to have little Ro-ger in our home. He is so wonderful and we love him so much!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Happy big 3 Roger!! I didn't realize how close in age Madi and him are. She turns 3 in three weeks. Hope he had a great birthday and agrees that he is now 3 soon :)

The Andra Family said...

My 2nd child, Colin, has many of the same characteristics you mentioned of Roger; especially the love and affection he has for me and others. Wonder if this is often a second child trait?
Love his tactic of changing how he tells you to "Go Away."