Friday, July 25, 2008

Memories

Here are the rules:
1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It does not matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!
2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It’s actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I’ll assume you’re playing the game and I’ll come to your blog/email and leave one about you.

Let's see what happens

9 comments:

Amber said...

I remember coming over for many fun sleep overs with Jaycee and Lyndee. Remember the night that they put tons of clips and barrettes into our hair while we slept and then poured water on us to wake us up.
I also remember doing a 4-H cooking day with your mom. She made a cocktail and cream cheese dippipng sauce for shrimp and I think it was the first time I tired shrimp.
Good times :) Fun post by the way!

Katie said...

My first memory was meeting you at church...and then you calling the next day for dinner...and it was my birthday, so you watch my kids!! I have also enjoyed the boys' b-days parties AND coming over for lunch so the kids could entertain themselves and we could sit and talk! :)

Natalie Buchkovich said...

Well where do I start. We have so many memorise together I can't just put one. So I will just put a few short ones that first come to mind!
-I remember when all the family would get together at your house during the summer and it would be so hot that we spent most of the time sitting in chairs in the creek. The adults would chat, and us kids hiked up and tubed down about 50 times.
-I also was going through my scrapbooks and I came across about 50 letters that you and I wrote back and forth during the school year telling each other about the boys and all the things we wanted to do during the coming summer.
-Also the longest day in my life when you, Dean, Aunt Vera and I went to decorate cross creek manor until whatever late time in the morning that was and the banner fell. (I won't go into detail, I think you remember this well)
-Trip to San Diego. Just You, Me, and Danelle. Scary!
-All those Peached we ate through all thoses years.
-One more! When we went back to Grandma's and Grandpa's house from the Ranch late and wanted some toast, and we set the fire alarm off!!
We have had many good times together!!

Five Alive said...

Where to start.. there were the scrapbooking together and getting to know one another better. Then of course the playdates.. ahh I have one Loni, the first playdate trip to Lake Hope, and how you didn't bring your swimiming suit and rolled your pants up. The children had great fun. My memories of your family and the time we spent together are just sweet, precious and fun. Thanks for all the great memories.

Five Alive said...

So here it is the middle of the night and as I am up nursing the more I thought about the memories the more I remembered with great fondness the road trips we took together. The first one to Zanesville, to pick up your sewing machine and how we got lost, then we had a difficult time finding a gas station as the gas tank was on "E".
The next road trip was the one to Jacksonville, to the outlet store, and how much fun it was shopping with you for the fabric for the quilts you were going to make for Todd and for the boys.
As I stated before, so many sweet memories it is hard to choose only one or two.. thank you my friend.

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I remember playing middle school soccer with you! We had a couple team parties at your house and it was always a blast. Too bad I didn't stay in Hurrican so we could have had more memories.

SF in Motion said...

I remember when that picture below, of you at 4 years old was taken °Ü°. Seriously though I like to remember Disneyland when you were 8. Anyway just thought I would say hi and that I really think you have a cute family and your doing a great job as a mom!!! Your mom sent me the link of your home birth, wow what a really neat experience. May God bless you and your family always.

Deb

Melissa Scott said...

I remember exciting parties at your house. One in particular when Mel W and Sheila R and I had shown up late from a basketball game and we were so hungry. All the food from the party was gone and we finally got the nerve to go in your house and ask for some crackers. Your sis was there and ended up giving us an entire package of graham crackers. We were so embarassed!! I also remember you being the most fun and ambitious cheerleader ever:) You seriously brought some serious school spirit. xxoxoxo

Anonymous said...

So one of the memories (among others) was when i was in 7th grade and you and your family invited me to go skiing with you. you guys were so nice! it was my first time and i didn't know what the heck i was doing so i had a few times down the hill where i just went and didn't even stop! i'm sure you were laughing your butt off at me! no wonder you took me along... haha :)