Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Happy Birthday Grant

My Baby is ONE!!!! I cannot believe it. Time has flown by, and even though he's getting older, I still "baby" him a lot... oh well. Here is some information about Grant:
1. He sucks his thumb - it's really quite cute, and makes life a little easier on me (until I need to get him to stop). William sucked his thumb for the first 4 months of his life, but just randomly quit, so besides that, Grant is my only thumb sucker.
2. He loves his blankie - I really don't know what to call it, it's not really a blanket, and sometimes it gets so dirty and smelly I call it "the rag". He loved his bed bumper because he would get it untied and play with the strings that tied it to the crib. One day I decided that having a loose bumper in his bed was a little too unsafe for my liking, so I took it out and used a portion of it for a tag-blanket. It is such a comfort for him, but he's always willing to share. He will hold one of the strings, with his thumb in his mouth and offer the other end to me. Besides the funky smell it gets, I don't mind him having it.
3. He likes to pick up and take out things - one of his favorite things is to have a bucket of some sort and take toys out, one by one, then put them back in, one by one. I hope he continues with the clean up habit.
4. He LOVES balls - he gets so excited whenever he sees a ball. He loves to throw balls, and will play "catch" with me. When that isn't happening, he will go around the whole house playing "fetch" with himself. Poor Joey starts chasing the ball that Grant throws and because he gets yelled at has to just sit and watch a ball being thrown all around him...it drives him nuts.
5. His first word was "Daag" - besides Momma and Dadda .... I think. He loves Joey and likes to pat him uncontrollably. Joey likes to hang out under the kitchen table, so Grant will follow him and play under the table as well. Another word that Grant says is "llk" (look). He will point to things while saying this...I must say it a lot as well.
6. He LOVES fruit - put fruit on his tray, especially blueberries, and he'll be happy.
7. He is a little poser when the camera is out - I have never had a kid cooperate so well when taking pictures. He won't even be smiling, yet once he sees the camera, he's all smiles - I love it.
8. He gets little rashes on his skin if I don't lotion him up at least once a day.
9. He feeds the dog - when he's done eating, he will drop food on the floor for the dog. It's quite funny because he will look at Joey, yell something, lean over and drop food. The only problem is that when Joey eats this food, he doesn't digest it properly, which equals a mess for me. Needless to say, I yell at Joey if he goes near Grant in his high chair.
10. He is very patient with his brothers - Grant gets "Gooney"d a lot by the boys. This entails squeezing his hand, and while punching his hand hard with your head saying, "Gooney, Gooney, Gooney". What does Gooney mean? No clue, ask Mikey. Grant really does get bothered quite a bit, but he handles it very well.
11. He is wonderful - He is so giggly, and smiley. He is pleasant, and sweet. I am so grateful that he has come join our family and brought us so much joy. We love you Granty.

1 comment:

Isaiah and Emily Smith Family said...

Wow - time has flown by! He is absolutely a doll when he doesn't have a full body rash! Happy B-day Grant!!