Sunday, November 2, 2008

5 Months

Doesn't he have beautiful eyes?

Can you believe it's been 5 months already?!

Grant is such a good baby (I know everyone says that about their baby, but only I am telling the truth). He is getting so chunky. He LOVES food. I usually like to hold back the solids (with Mikey I was so excited to feed him solids, but once I realized what a pain it can be, I am much more patient) but Grant will sit in the high chair while I cook dinner, so I started with giving him crackers, and now he is hooked. He will eat SO much. On top of nursing (he's not nursing less either), he will eat several crackers, rice cereal at night, and during the day he'll total eating more than a cup of baby food. It's a good thing I make my own baby food or else I'd be really poor.

We've really enjoyed having him around. Roger calls him "Granty", which is so super cute. I will have Mikey hold Grant (while Mikey's sitting, I'm not an idiot) if I need to run do something. William still believes that Grant is his possession. I hate to break it to the poor kid that Grant is not his possession, but rather is his competition. (kidding - I really do love all my kids).

Grant has been sleeping through the night (only because we made him cry it out - something I really hate) the last couple of days. I am kind of sad that he doesn't come and join us in our bed in the middle of the night anymore. But, my sadness is soothed by the other 3 boys that have recently made it their habit to join us around 3 AM. Todd really is upset by this, only because they will wake him up by climbing over him to get closer to me. He's just jealous that he can't sleep by me.

No comments: