He is Mikey's friend. He is four years-old, is one of the funniest little kids - very different from any other kid you've ever met, he's very smart (during Joy school he's the only one that listens the entire time and gives correct answers), he likes to play karate (turn on any kind of music he starts doing his moves, very seriously), he's a very picky eater and he HATES fruit. (I know, I don't understand it. Fruit is the closest thing to candy, like I said, he's not like any kid you've ever met).
Meet Nathan's mom, Jenny:
She is a dietician (sp). She actually got her Master's in dietetics. One would assume that after so many years of studying nutrition and the effects of it on the body that you would know how to feed your kids nutritional food, yet she has created a son that will not eat fruit - applesauce is even out - and I cannot tell you how many times I have come to her house only to witness her daughter "drinking" maple syrup out of the container. Actually, here's a photo of Anna's usual afternoon snack, Whipped Cream:
But the real reason of this post is not to tease Jenny's food choices, it is that today, 29 years ago (or something like that) Jenny was born, thus it is her birthday. I wanted everyone, including those that don't have the opportunity to know Jenny, to know how great Jenny is. I have put together a few facts about her:
1. She's a great mother. She is super patient with her children. She never is selfish with them. And at points when I would scream or cry, she's still thinking reasonably (if you have kids, you know how amazing this really is). She also doesn't get the nightly break of having a husband relieve her of the stress (this does mean she's available, so if any guys are interested, submit a resume to me - if you pass the bar I'll give you her #).
2. She is always working or moving, not a lazy bone in her body. It really does make me sick to watch her.
3. She is always serving others. Here she is, a single mother of three children, and she is always offering to give me a break from my kids. But I'm not the only one, at least once a week she's watching someone else's kids. And even though I try not to burden her, she's the one who watches my kids when I have appointments and such. She's just too willing and cheerful.
4. She's very laid back and easy-going. Even though I think she should be the most stressed, 'cause she does have the most amount of stresses, she is the most laid-back of all my friends. She never plays the drama card, even though she has the heaviest in her hands.
5. She's a righteous example. She's very dedicated to God. She performs her church duties, she served a mission. She holds FHE regularly! Again, sometimes she makes me sick. If I didn't like her so much, I would hate her.
6. She should live in a studio apartment. Her daughter, Anna, sleeps with her. Nathan sleeps in a toddler bed that is in her room, and her other son, Curtis, sleeps on the floor in her room. Don't worry, there are two other bedrooms that have beds in them, but the kids just like being near her. She puts up with this, even though Anna will lie on top of her and Nathan will have loud conversations in his sleep.
I could go on a long time about the many great qualities of Jenny, but I've got to get to work on cleaning my house. Jenny, I hope you have a great birthday, and we are so glad that we know you. Jenny really hates attention like this, so when you see her, make sure to mention her birthday.
3 comments:
She makes me sick too! What an awesome woman!
Loni! I didn't know you had a blog ... I can't wait to be caught up on your life! I miss you so much!
I have to say, the pictures on this blog are great.
Anywho - I love ya and hope to hear from you one of these days.
Sorry my comment didn't end up going through. Anyway, I was just saying how cool I thought it was that you got to see Sarah Palin in person and got to take part in such a neat experience. Also, I love reading all the stories about your boys...the day-to-day things. I know I don't always comment, but I do read all your posts, so I'll try to be better about leaving you some love!
Post a Comment