Saturday, February 7, 2009

My Birthday Day



I turned the old age of 26 - old I know. I actually feel a lot older than this. It's not the age, but the mileage. I guess I should be at least 5 years older, but I am going to celebrate my young age.
I woke up this morning to Todd slipping something around my neck. He was trying to not wake me, but because I was surrounded by the children in my bed, it wasn't accomplished successfully. I woke up for just a second, but because I was tired and had a child on top of each arm, I didn't inspect what was around my neck but rather fell back asleep. When I woke up later, I checked the necklace, hoping that he got me a beautiful necklace. Imagine my disappointment when I found that it was an Ohio State emblem. Ya, Todd is determined to make me an Ohio girl. Not that I hate the necklace, but just expected it to be something more my style.

My friends came over and made me lunch and a cake. It was so sweet and lots of fun. Yvonne stayed, and it being a nice day outside, we took our boys on a little walk so they could play in the snow.
That evening we went to an Early Childhood PTA Valentine's day party. They had a jump house, pizza, games, and entertainment.
The boys had a great time in the jump house - or would it be called a jump maze. Roger would do crazy jumps. William loved it, even though he had a difficult time getting over some of the climbing walls. Also he would get upset because he could not comprehend that he had to stand in line and wait his turn.
Luckily he has an older brother that would take him by the hand
Dinner was pizza served in the Elementary school's cafeteria. It was kind of fun eating in there.
I don't know why my kids are sitting so close together, they had plenty of room around them.
For the entertainment, they had a "Bubble Lady" who did all sorts of tricks with bubbles. The boys were mesmerized by all of the bubbles she produced.Her last trick was using a hula-hoop to make huge bubbles while someone would stand in the middle of the bubble. She called Mikey up as a volunteer, which he loved. When she pulled the bubble up over Mikey, he shot his hands out causing the bubble to burst. He thought he was hilarious.
Grant enjoyed the party, and even got out of his stroller for a minute.
Only for a minute though.
After getting home and putting the kids to bed, my friend came over and watched the kids while Todd, LeNae, and I went to the city to go salsa dancing. Todd and I had taken ballroom dance classes for like 6 months while in Athens, so we were excited to try it again. Unfortunately we were a little rusty, but had fun nonetheless.

2 comments:

Tamarynn Leigh said...

Happy late Birthday Loni! I have to chuckle at the necklace story because that sounds like something my husband would do as well. Go Ohio State!

Jen Seegmiller said...

Oh Loni, 26 is NOT old! I'm turning 37 next week. I know what you mean about the mileage though. There are days when I feel like I'm 100. The awesome news is that you look great and are a hip, cool mom and all-around fun gal to be with. I hope you get the chance to do something just for yourself. You're hair cut is very cute, BTW.