Saturday, February 21, 2009

Payday

As a mother, there are times that I feel as though the work I do goes unnoticed and not appreciated. Well, yesterday was an exception.
Fridays' are my "scrub the bathrooms" days, which with 2 full and 2 half bathrooms, it can be a long daunting task. But the worst part is that I have 3 boys that have very bad aim, making the task very unpleasant and smelly. The bathroom that they use the most I usually have to scrub the toilet and surrounding areas more often. Sometimes I wonder if my boys understand that you're supposed to pee into the toilet, not just open the bathroom door and shoot towards the toilet.
After scrubbing the inside of the toilet, I will let the blue cleaner sit inside the bowl for awhile to allow the bleaching and sterilizing powers take over. Therefore, the water in the toilet is blue.
I was in the kitchen when I heard Roger excitedly call out:
"Who cleaned the Bathroom!!" he then ran out to me, "Mom! You clean the bathroom? Thank you so much!! I love you". He then jumped into my arms to hug me.
Who would have thought that a simple bathroom cleaning would invoke such a great response. That should cause me to enjoy cleaning the bathroom more, but it won't.

4 comments:

Jami said...

Wow that would be nice! I wish Trey would do that for me every time I cleaned something! I like that Roger asked "who" cleaned the bathroom, as if any one of the other brothers would've done it :)

Mark 'n Mindee West said...

I have never even met your boys and they seem sooooo cute!

Jenn said...

Lon Bon that's every mom's dream...to be recognized and thanked! What a sweet boy!

lexi said...

I can't wait for my boys to be old enough to clean their bathroom themselves!! Boys are so gross!