Doo-ah
Now what would you think that word means? We have no clue, but maybe looking at what the root words are we can figure it out:
do - action verb, make, engage in
a- a space filler ex. "We..a..don't hit...a...a brother, a...huh mom?"
Ya, still no clue. This is a word that William uses. He just randomly yells out, "Doo-ah", so now when we say to him, "Doo-ah" he answers with, "Not Doo-ah...dat Doo-ah". What on earth is that (dat)?
Then I realized that "dat" was actually "Grant". So, Grant's Doo-ah, but then he'll say "Daddy Doo-ah", or "Der Doo-ah" (Der= Roger). Help! We don't know if he is calling Grant, and the rest of us, names, or giving us a compliment. I think he's calling us names, but I can hope that my child is sweet, right?
Also, the other night when we were having a "Doo-ah" conversation, someone said that William was "Doo-ah". He got a silly grin on his face, making me believe that if it has a mean connotation, it can't be too mean. Maybe it's like everything else my boys say, just plain silly.
No comments:
Post a Comment