Saturday, January 16, 2010

You know that you

exercise too much when your children attempt to do their own exercises and yoga poses.
First thing in the morning I exercise. If I'm not running, I do some sort of work-out video. To help get my legs more stretched out I have taken up completing a lot of Yoga videos. The boys will usually be awake during this time and will come down to the basement and watch me. Honestly, sometimes I wish they wouldn't because when you're trying to do an awkward yoga pose, it's even more difficult to keep balanced in the pose with all the noise going on around you. Also I know that they want to make my exercise more resistive so that I can get more from it, but pulling a Pilate's Teaser while your child jumps onto your legs is NOT the easiest thing to do.Because of my children seeing that this is important to me, we have had discussions on what exercise is and what the purpose is. Now the boys, especially Roger, will do some funky move with their body and ask, "Mom, is this exercising?"

2 comments:

Trapper and Suzy said...

I have the same problem! But thankfully, I don't have four boys watching me do it. I have to get up before Jackson is awake so I can do any kind of workout. Otherwise, he likes to crawl between my legs like I'm a tunnel or something.

The Jones Fam said...

Wow, I can't believe how big your boys look! That's awesome you exercise every day, I wish I had that determination. I'm lucky to get 2 days a week! Your bathroom cabinets look great by the way!