
I was on the homestretch...for my day anyways. I was just finishing up lunch, which afterwards Grant goes down for a nap and my afternoon gets a lot easier (I love the kid, but he can be quite difficult). Then my crazy friend Yvonne calls me wanting me to go sledding with her. I hate being cold, really dislike it, and it has been so cold, but I also hate having my kids cooped up inside all winter long also, and they really hadn't left the house much for the last week. So, in my moment of insanity I agreed.
Now, this was no easy agreement for me. I still hadn't gotten the boys snow clothes out, and the sleds, they were in the attic. But it was no easy agreement for Yvonne either. Not only did she have to bring two extra pairs of snow pants for my children that were lacking, but she had to stand outside in the cold by my car as we put the finishing touches of snow clothes on my boys. Personally I think she needs to find new friends.
Once I got the boys up to the top of the hill, the older two boys took off. They were so excited to be sledding, they didn't care how cold it was.

Grant freaked out. I can't say I don't blame him, it was pretty cold, but he cried and cried. I put him in my sling inside my coat hoping to warm him up a bit, but he was still upset. I took him down on the sled...ya, that only added fuel to the fire.

At Yvonne's urging, I took Grant to the car and sat in there with him. I was disappointed that I couldn't be up on the hill with my boys, but they were being taken care of by my friends. At one time I spotted little William going down the hill on his sled.

I was a little nervous about him getting back up the hill, but when he reached the bottom, he jumped off his sled and an older kid grabbed the rope to his sled and pulled it back up the hill with William walking beside him. I was so touched that this older kid would take an interest in my little boy when I realized that the older kid was Mikey!! Still not use to his new coat and still not use to him growing up I had failed to recognize him!! This almost brought me to tears as I thought that not only is my baby getting so big and old, but that he was sensitive to his little brother's needs and was there for him.
Why do these babies of ours have to grow up?, yet, isn't it awfully fun and inspiring to see whom they are becoming.
Next time we go sledding, this boy is not invited.
2 comments:
So- I think it's so great you can laugh at all of our craziness! I never mind if I did I wouldn't call! You are stuck with me friend and all of my crazy anticts!!! I'm so glad I took that picture of the angry dinosaur!
Loni!! Hi there- this is Helen. I am hoping you remember me from the good ole days of cheerleading at HHS. WEll since comments have to be short... I;ll get right to it. I have a four month old baby boy and am having troble getting him to fall asleep on his own. I am wondering if you have any suggestions since you have four adorable boys of your own. I would love some advice. just e-mail me back.
thanks! Your family is so cute!
Post a Comment