Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Bug Sharks


For the first time in my experience of raising kids, one of my children got an ear infection. Pretty good track record.
Roger was complaining on the way home from my soccer game about his ear. The longer and longer this went on, I started to get worried. It was about 10:30 at night, we still hadn't gotten home and Todd was working at the hospital until the next morning. I decided that I would contact Todd to have him look at Roger's ear.
We got to the hospital, Todd came out and immediately after looking in Roger's ears announced that our child had an ear infection. It is nice to have a husband that is able to get our boys medicine.

When Roger was trying to tell me about how his ear hurt, he told me, "Mom, the Bug Sharks are biting my ear". I love 4 year-olds.

3 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

Wow, that is an AMAZING track record to go 6 years without an ear infection! Just last year Jett had so many they were debating tubes! It would be so nice to not have to pay co-pays, but instead go to your hubby to get a diagnosis :)

Dean and Rachel said...

Hope he feels better soon. I totally wish I had a tool to look in H's ear. That's so nice to have your hubby to look in there:)

Dean and Rachel said...

Ok SERIOUSLY? That is amazing. Hansen has had 3 in the last 2 months. I have been so frustrated. And....I totally blame myself because it was right after I stopped breast feeding.