Unfortunately for the bird, this mistake turned to be fatal.
Friday, June 4, 2010
Funeral
Mikey asked me for a stick. As I was helping him to look for a stick I asked him what he needed it for. He told me he needed to see if the bird was dead or just sleeping and he didn't want to get any germs on him. Wait a second...what bird. Turns out that my storm door is so clean that a bird mistaken it for an open space. (He obviously wasn't looking at the bottom 3 feet of the door)
Unfortunately for the bird, this mistake turned to be fatal.
My boys know that any dead animal could have "germs" jump on them (yep, that's what a four year degree in Microbiology has done for me), so they knew to not touch it. Todd had just returned from a 30 hour shift, so he helped the boys dispose of the body.
We were just going to throw away the corpse, but the boys asked if we were going to bury it, so we transported it to the backyard,
dug a hole,
put the bird in
and had a mini funeral.
The boys asked if the bird was going to the Heaven. I'm pretty sure of it.
While digging, Roger found a wormy. The joys of boys.
Unfortunately for the bird, this mistake turned to be fatal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Funny! LOVE the boys digging with their shovels...
this was awesome Loni! Way to go to both you and Todd for giving the poor little bird a funeral I am sure the boys won't forget this moment for a long time.
You are such a fun mom! Looks like Grants birthday was a blast, and it also looks like the funeral was a success. You have lots of fun adventures. May the bird R.I.P.
:)
Sorry I leave repeat comments. I am not sure how that happens. . . Sorry!
I also wanted to tell you that I have been missing your "Tour it Tuesday" series. I love seeing your beautiful home. (I hope you find some time to continue at some point).
Love ya babe! Good luck during your travels this month and at Lyndee's wedding.
Post a Comment