Saturday, June 19, 2010

Here Comes the Bride

Saturday morning I left these chunks and went to help Lyndee out as she and Nathan got their temple pictures taken. I rode in the backseat of the car as the two lovebirds were anticipating what was going to be happening in the next couple of hours.
We pulled off of the freeway and turned the corner. I thought to myself, "That is a funny looking building", then I realized it was the San Diego Temple!!! It had scaffolding all the way around it, all the way to the top. In my shock, I asked Lyndee if she had known about this, she said she did, but that they were okay with it.
I helped in any way that I could as the photographer snapped photos of Lyndee and Nathan. Lyndee looked stunning, a picture perfect bride. They were so incredibly happy, it was so sweet to see them together. Then we went in to the temple for the marriage. I was able to go with Lyndee and my mom to the bride's room, to help Lyndee get ready. It was beautiful, and she was beautiful. After getting her all ready, I met Todd and the rest of the clan in the waiting room. There was some paperwork complications, so the wedding started later than scheduled. We waited for a long time...or at least it felt that way.
When we were finally in the Sealing room and Lyndee and Nathan came in, I was overcome with emotions. Yes, I actually cried...I think for the 5th time in my life. In some small way I was preparing myself for the possibility that Lyndee may back out at the last minute. Not because she didn't love Nathan but because Lyndee can be a little fickle. I was so happy to see that my sister was actually getting married.
Lyndee getting married has been like the highlight of my year, not because I love weddings, but because now she has joined the "ranks". Lyndee and I, even though we are quite different, have always remained close, been there for each other. We have kept this closeness even though her life has been living the single life in NYC, eating out every night, partying with friends, shopping, and flirting with men as my life has been living the married with children life in OH, cooking every night, trying to break up the partying going on with the brothers every night, grocery shopping (VERY different than "shopping", I spend more, have a miserable experience with 4 kids hanging on the shopping cart, and not only do I not get a new outfit, the outfit that I am wearing (that consists of yoga pants and t shirt) looks worse than when I went into the store) and disciplining boys. I am just so incredibly excited that she will now have more in common things to discuss with me...but now having thought about it, maybe it's more misery loves company.
All joking aside, I am so excited for her. I love seeing her with a husband!!!!, and boy does Nathan dote on her. He cannot keep his hands off of her. He is like a schoolboy let loose in a candy shop, brimming with excitement. I cannot wait to meet her children, and to see her as a mother. I am so happy for both of them.
After the wedding and the usual zillions of pictures, we went over to a nearby hotel and had a luncheon/dinner, followed by a dance. We had a great time.Here are the three sisters, happy for their sister.Here is a picture of what Lyndee and Nathan do ALL of the time. Whisper. Whispering was not invented to say nice things!!!! You almost hate being with these two because all they ever do is whisper. To make it less expensive, Lyndee had Uncle Jason serve....not really, he just grabbed this himself, but I thought he sported it really well.You will never guess who busted out the dance moves!?!! Reagan! Yes, that's right, Reagan. He has been taking some dance classes at school, and boy is he good. It is so surprising to me that he doesn't get more dates!!!!

No comments: