Just off the entry way is "Momma's Nice Room". It is our formal (if you could say that we're formal) living room. We call it Momma's Nice Room because we wanted it to be a more special place, one where everything was kept nice, one where we could use for more quiet and reverent times. My grandma had a Celestial Room that as a young grandkid we were not allowed in, if you even put a toe into it...watch out.This is where we have Family Home Evenings, Home Teachers, Music lessons, and reading time.
This is the "Learning to Read Chair"
The Loveseat
I use to have an electric piano. My then sister-in-law was getting a new piano and offered me her old one. I eagerly accepted and therefore got a gorgeous, almost new piano for free.
Todd and I were married in the Nauvoo, Illinois temple - if you can't tell. There are a lot of Nauvoo decorations because of that.
Notice the little red sign Mikey had put up. It says Please Don't Go - meaning no going through the spaces to the adjoining room.
My mom use to make fun of me because when I only had babies and toddlers I couldn't think of what else to say to my kids, so I sang a lot to them. It's only very humorous because I am not a good singer with any stretch of the imagination (funny that I am now the Primary Chorister). Nevertheless, I found it to be a great way to connect, and the boys enjoyed it. My mom got me this tile thing.
The boys love to go through the tunnel between the couches
2 comments:
What a nice space to have for all those quiet moments. I love the red sign too!
You are such an inspiration with all the good mothering you do. I love the "learn to read" chair. Super cute. Do you use a certain method with teaching your kids to read? I'm doing a little with Madison, but I don't know when her reading is suppose to flow better- anyway thanks super mom!
We have that same picture in our house- the one of the two girls at the piano. Love that picture. Your house is pretty.
Post a Comment