Monday, July 26, 2010

Berry Picking

One thing i love about summer is the fruit. I love how cheap it gets, how delicious it tastes, and how much fun it is to go pick the fruit yourself.
So far we've gone picking strawberries with our friends and blueberry picking with my mom and LeNae. these are great times. The older boys get excited about picking and talk about it. Mikey and I had a great conversation about working and the need to work hard. The younger boys aren't much help, but they seem to be able to pick some berries to eat then and there. The worst is that Grant will pick the berries out of my basket, berries that I have worked long and hard to pick.
When we picked blueberries with LeNae she could not fathom that we were doing this for fun. She kept asking why we didn't just go to a fruit stand and buy the berries, or better yet, Costco.

No comments: